We are part of the New Zealand Cadet Forces (NZCF) which is for both boys and girls aged 13 to 18. It comprises of the Sea Cadet Corps, the New Zealand Cadet Corps and the Air Training Corps. NZCF is a voluntary, disciplined, uniformed youth training organisation whose vision is to train and prepare the youth of today for tomorrow. The organisation is not part of the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF), but is directed by the Chief of Defence Force, on behalf of the Minister of Defence, and is supported in partnership by the NZDF and the community. Basicly the NZCF is a youth organisation with a miltary flavour.
The New Zealand Cadet Forces mission is to develop confident, responsible young citizens who are valued within their community by providing them, within a military framework, safe, enjoyable and challenging opportunities.
The New Zealand Cadet Forces (NZCF) vision is to prepare New Zealand’s successful leaders of tomorrow.
With this vision, they have developed their mission: To develop and enable self-disciplined, confident and responsible young New Zealanders.
To assist the NZCF with their mission, they have developed four core values that is instilled with every member
- Courage – Confronting challenges both physical and moral, to overcome any adversity.
- Commitment – Being reliable and loyal, serving and supporting the NZCF, local communities and NZ..
- Comradeship – Looking out for each other, having respect for all, and championing the benefits of friendships, teamwork and diversity.
- Integrity – Having discipline, always being honest, trustworthy and responsible.
The NZCF aims:
- To foster a spirit of adventure and teamwork, and to develop those qualities of mind and body essential for good citizens and leaders.
- To provide challenging and disciplined training activities, which will be useful in either Service or civilian life.
- To promote an awareness of the Armed Forces, and the role they play in the community.
We achieve this by offering a variety of skills and activities that young teenagers do not get with other youth organisations.